Duration: 6 months
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Start date: as soon as possible
EUFIC, the European Food Information Council, is a non-profit organisation that provides clear information on food and health, based on sound science. Information we offer is accessible, appealing, and actionable, produced to inspire and empower the general public and health professionals alike. EUFIC receives funding from individual food and drink producers, the European Commission, and foundations.
- You have a strong interest in science and science communication.
- You know how to frame a problem, understand and solve it, communicate and test your thinking, and make your solutions connect.
- You’re proactive, independent and willing to help.
- You have a degree in science communication or journalism.
- You speak fluent English.
About the job
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation in the process of shaping its communications strategy. You will be a part of mapping and researching communication projects, keeping social media up to date, writing articles and reports and helping with events organisation. EUFIC is a high pace environment so you will be exposed to a high level of responsibility in a very motivated team, a perfect environment for learning.
As part of the communication team, your tasks will include:
- Conducting research for various communication projects
- Researching and writing press releases and articles
- Updating and researching for social media
- Helping with EU project communication tasks
- Collaborating with different departments in preparing specific projects
- Specific administrative tasks as they arise
- Assisting in event planning and organisations
- Assisting in preparing internal documents (eg meeting minutes and other materials)
- We work office hours from Monday to Friday.
- The pay is 750€/month
- We are a small organisation with about 20 people. You will be part of the communications team.
How to apply?
Interviews take place either via Skype or at our office in Brussels. They may be followed by an assignment. Looking forward to hearing from you!