Graphic design internship
Duration: 3-6 months (flexible)
Location: Brussels, Belgium
Start date: flexible.
EUFIC, the European Food Information Council, is a non-profit organisation that provides clear information on food and health, based on sound science. Information we offer is accessible, appealing, and actionable, produced to inspire and empower the general public and health professionals alike. EUFIC receives funding from individual food and drink producers, the European Commission, and foundations.
- You have a strong interest in food, healthy living and science – and you’re interested in working with scientists.
- You know how to frame a problem, understand and solve it, communicate and test your thinking, and make your solutions connect.
- You think of digital design in a fluid sense, not in static screens, and have an appreciation of the technical elements of digital work, be it responsive development, social networking platforms and interactions outside of the browser.
- You’re proactive, independent, and willing to help.
- Maybe you have played with illustration, animation design, video editing or book publishing.
About the job
As part of the communication team, you're tasks will include:
- creating visual material needed to provide food information to a wide audience and to implement the new image of EUFIC, including (lots of) infographics
- monitoring social media and bring new ideas, mostly for instagram
- working on the communication of EU research projects
- working with illustration or animation to create educational videos to empower people
- ad hoc help with communicaitons and EUFIC projects including writing and administration tasks
- We work office hours from Monday to Friday.
- The pay is 450 € by month, and we can help you get Erasmus+ fundings if you are eligible.
- We are a small organisation with about 15 people. You will be part of the communications team.
How to apply?
Interviews take place either via Skype or at our office in Brussels. They may be followed by a creative assignment. Looking forward to hearing from you!