Hosted by the European Association for the Study of Obesity (EASO) and the Turkish Association for the Study of Obesity, the 18th European Congress on Obesity took place from 25th to 28th May 2011, in Istanbul, Turkey. Scientists from around the world presented their research findings and discussed different approaches to obesity prevention and treatment. In this podcast, developed by EUFIC in partnership with EASO, six key speakers at the conference were interviewed about the developments in their respective fields of research.
The interviewees (in order of appearance):
- Dr. João Breda,Programme Manager, Nutrition, Physical Activity and Obesity Programme, Division of Noncommunicable Diseases and Health Promotion, World Health Organization - Regional Office for Europe, Copenhagen, Denmark
- Dr. Esther Van Sluijs, Medical Research Council Epidemiology Unit, and UK CRC Centre for Diet and Activity Research, Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Dr. Bernard Gutin, Adjunct Professor of Nutrition, University of North Carolina Chapel Hill, Emeritus Professor of Applied Physiology, Teachers College, Columbia University and Emeritus Professor of Pediatrics and Physiology, Medical College of Georgia, United States
- Dr. Graham Finlayson, Assistant Professor, Human Appetite Research Unit, Bio-Psychology Group, University of Leeds, United Kingdom
- Dr. Alain Golay, Professor and Head of Division of Therapeutical Teaching for Chronic Diseases, University Hospital of Geneva, Switzerland
- Dr. Tommy Visscher, Free Windesheim University and Research Centre for Overweight Prevention, the Netherlands
This podcast is a EUFIC/EASO collaboration to increase the outreach of new knowledge in the field of obesity research.
International Association for the Study of Obesity - www.iaso.org