What are the proper foods to lose weight?
In general to lose weight you have to eat less energy than your body expends in daily activities. But you should eat all nutrients you need. Therefore you need to eat food with less calories but high nutritional value.
1) Eat a lot of fruits and vegetables:
- Eat more fruit and vegetables, at least five portions a day. They provide you with vitamins, minerals and fibre. Eat starchy foods such as bread, potatoes, rice and pasta, especially whole grain products with a high content on satiating fibre.
2) Eat moderately animal products.
- Choose leaner cuts of meat and fish and lower fat versions of dairy products like milk and cheese.
But do not forget them, your body needs their nutrients like calcium and iron, too.
3) Be moderate with fat,
but choose high quality vegetable oil. Sweets are not forbidden otherwise you might generate "carb craving", but be a little bit restrained
4) Drink a lot energy free fluids
- the best thing is water at least two litres a day. Especially if you eat less you should drink more
Please look at this answer for your estimated calorie intake:
Basis of a healthy diet: