This article has been automatically translated by google. EUFIC does not take responsibility for the quality of the translation.
What’s new in obesity research: Highlights from the 11th International Congress on Obesity 2010
04 June 2011
Organised by the International Association for the Study of Obesity (IASO) the 11th International Congress of Obesity took place in Stockholm 11th to 15th of July 2010. The Congress gathered scientists from around the globe to present their latest research findings and to discuss how these might affect efforts to halt and reverse the obesity epidemic. In this podcast, EUFIC interviewed key speakers at the conference regarding the projects they are involved in.
The interviewees (in order of appearance):
- Dr. Berit Heitmann, Director of Research and Head of the Research Unit for Dietary Studies, Copenhagen University Hospital, Denmark
- Dr. Lauren Lissner, Department of Public Health and Community Medicine, University of Gothenburg, Sweden
- Dr. Francesco Branca, Director of the Department of Nutrition for Health and Development at WHO Headquarters, Geneva, Switzerland
- Dr. Alexandra Johnstone, Metabolic Health Group, Rowett Research Institute, University of Aberdeen, UK
- Dr. Ulf Riserus, Clinical Nutrition and Metabolism Department of Public Health and Caring Sciences, Uppsala University, Sweden
- Dr. Jonatan Ruiz, Unit of Preventive Nutrition, Department of Bioscience and Nutrition, Karolinska Institutet, Sweden
- Dr. Marije Van Koperen, Department of Health Sciences, Section Prevention and Public Health, VU University Amsterdam, The Netherlands
- Alison Hardy, Change4Life Behaviour Change Planning Lead, UK Department of Health
This podcast is a EUFIC/IASO collaboration to increase the outreach of new knowledge in the field of obesity research.
For more information
ICO2010 Congress guide - click here
ICO2014 in Kuala Lumpur - click here
International Association for the Study of Obesity - www.iaso.org
European Association for the Study of Obesity - www.easo.org