This article has been automatically translated by google. EUFIC does not take responsibility for the quality of the translation.
Fostering Integration and Transformation for FOOD 2030 (FIT4FOOD2030)
22 August 2018
FIT4FOOD2030 supports the development and implementation of the European Commission’s FOOD 2030 initiative – to find research and innovation solutions to the challenges facing our food systems, such as obesity, malnutrition, hunger, climate change, scarce resources, and waste through research and innovation. The project does so by:
- Setting up the FOOD 2030 Platform which aims to connect stakeholders such as industry, farmers, health professionals, policy representatives and citizens at multiple levels (cities/regions, countries, and Europe)
- Aligning existing research & innovation (R&I) policies and programmes on Food and Nutrition Security across Europe at various political levels
- Building competencies among students, researchers, entrepreneurs, policy-makers and wider society
- Acquiring insights into food system trends, existing R&I policy frameworks, best practices (showcases) and future R&I breakthroughs
- Communicating FIT4FOOD2030’s outputs and policy recommendations
- Raising awareness of FIT4FOOD2030 & FOOD 2030
The project has started in November 2017 and will be running until October 2020. It is funded by the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 774088, and brings together 15 partners with a broad network in the food system to ensure engagement of all players in the transformation required to make our food system future-proof.