Who we are
EUFIC - The European Food Information Council, is a non-profit organisation, established in 1995, which stands up for science-based information on food and health.
Our mission is to offer accessible, appealing and actionable science based information on food and health to inspire and empower people to make better decisions about diet and lifestyle.
At EUFIC, we are a group of passionate science and communication experts who believe in the power of informed consumers and in a world where people choose to live healthily because they know how to.
EUFIC in a nutshell:
- We cover a wide range of topics on nutrition, lifestyle and health, food safety, food quality, legislation, and food risk communication.
- We carry out consumer research to find out people’s perceptions, views and preferences.
- Our information is based on research evidence supported by the wider scientific community.
- Our materials are understandable and accessible to the general public and used by health professionals and educators.
- We collaborate with a broad network of academics, national and international organisations, businesses and professionals in food and health.
- We work with Scientific Advisory and Editorial Boards, as well as independent experts on specific projects, who advise on the scientific direction and ensure the accuracy and impartiality of our work.
- Our funding comes from individual food and drink companies, the European Commission, foundations, umbrella organisations and from sales of publications.
- Our website has the Health On the Net certification, a code of conduct which certifies that content on this page offers a multi-stakeholder consensus on standards to protect citizens from misleading health information.