Junior Consumer Science Manager
EUFIC - the European Food Information Council, is a non-profit organisation that communicates food and health science to the public. We also carry out consumer research to understand people’s perceptions, preferences and choices.
Our aim is to clarify and simplify science-based information on food and health to help improve lives and better society. With over 20 years of science communication expertise, we cover topics from nutrition and health, food safety and quality, to legislation and sustainability.
We are a passionate, lively, multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural team of science and communication experts, based in the heart of Brussels.
Our funding comes from the European Commission, food and drinks companies, academia, NGO’s, foundations, umbrella organisations, and from sales of publications.
Consumer Science is at the very core of EUFIC. The Junior Consumer Science Manager will, among others, be involved in the research studies carried out within EUFIC and its EU funding networks Horizon 2020 and EIT Food. This position is required to manage tasks independently as well with other member of the team, supporting and reporting to the Senior Manager and Head of Consumer Science of EUFIC.
- Active involvement in the conceptualisation, design, fieldwork, analysis and presentation of consumer research studies/tasks covering a range of fields such as food choice, food labelling (e.g., nutrition labelling, health claims and symbols etc.), technology acceptance, attitudes & preferences but also experimental settings
- Supporting the Senior Manager and Head of the Department with diverse project tasks including (but not limited to):
- Literature review
- Statistical analysis (e.g., SPSS) / qualitative contextual analysis (e.g., NVivo)
- Assisting in organising meetings and presentations
- Representing EUFIC at project meetings
- Project management (e.g., liaison with project partners, budgeting and reporting)
- Supervising interns
Educational requirements, experience and skills
The successful applicant should have/be:
- A scientific background, preferably with an MSc degree in consumer behaviour or related fields
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), possibly another European language
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player
- Enthusiastic to work in a dynamic, highly motivated team
- Salary range 30,000€ - 32,000€ (annual gross, depending on experience) plus benefits (e.g. pension & health insurance cover, phone contract, annual bonus, etc.)
- Full-time position (38h/week)
- Based in central Brussels
- Start date: As soon as possible
- One-year contract with the possibility to extend
- Will involve European travel for project meetings and conferences
Email your application including full CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com by March 4, stating “Junior Consumer Science Manager” in the subject line.
Successful candidates will be notified on the outcome of the first selection. Interviews will take place via Skype and in Brussels (alternatively: Munich).