EUFIC job: Communication Officer / Creative Content Producer
The European Food Information Council (EUFIC) is looking for a Communication Officer / Creative Content Producer.
Start date: January 2019
Deadline: 14 December 2018
Contract duration: 1 year (with a possible extension)
EUFIC, the European Food Information Council, is a non-profit organisation that provides clear information on food and health, based on sound science. The information we offer is produced to inspire and empower the general public and health professionals alike. EUFIC receives funding from individual food and drink producers, the European Commission, and foundations.
- You have at least 1 year experience communicating science in creative ways, including but not limited to writing, audio-visual/video production and editing
- You have a strong interest in science and science communication.
- You know how to frame a problem, understand and solve it, communicate and test your thinking, and make your solutions into reality.
- You think out of the box.
- You’re proactive, independent and willing to help.
- You have a degree in science communication or journalism, public relations, marketing
- You are skilled in video design and editing, including Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere Pro would be a plus).
- Knowledge of social media is preferred.
- You speak fluent English.
About the job
This is a great opportunity to join a growing organisation in the process of shaping its communications strategy. You will be a part of mapping, researching and managing communication projects, keeping social media up to date, writing articles and reports and helping with events organisation. EUFIC is a high pace environment so you will be exposed to a high level of responsibility in a very motivated team.
As part of the communication team, your tasks will include:
- Video editing and writing several pieces of content for the web and projects
- EU project dissemination and communication project management
- Support the team in developing visual content
- Assisting with meeting and events ideation and organization
- Various administrative tasks
- Multicultural workplace in the heart of Brussels.
- May involve European travel for meetings and conferences.
- Salary range 30,000€ – 32,000€ (annual gross, depending on experience) plus benefits (e.g. health insurance cover, phone contract, annual bonus, etc.)
Email your CV and a succinct letter of motivation in English, to firstname.lastname@example.org before 14 December 2018, stating “Communication & projects officer” in the subject line.
Candidates need to be in the possession of a work permit for Belgium if applicable. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will take place in Brussels or via Skype in the first instance.
For more information on the European Food Information Council, please visit our website: www.eufic.org