EUFIC job: Junior Graphic Designer
The European Food Information Council (EUFIC) is looking for a Junior Graphic Designer.
Start date: January 2019
Deadline: 14 December 2018
Contract duration: 1 year (with a possible extension)
EUFIC, the European Food Information Council, is a non-profit organisation that provides clear information on food and health, based on sound science. The information we offer is produced to inspire and empower the general public and health professionals alike. EUFIC receives funding from individual food and drink producers, the European Commission, and foundations.
- You hold a degree in graphic design.
- You have creative flair and a natural ability for layout.
- You are competent in Adobe Illustrator, InDesign and Photoshop (Adobe AfterEffects is an advantage).
- You work well on a team, and hold your work to high standards.
- You know how to simplify complex information and present it in an easy-to-digest format.
- You have strong typography skills.
- You’re organised and capable of managing several tasks at once
- You’re proactive, independent and willing to help.
- You speak fluent English.
- A passion for in food or in science communication is a plus.
About the job
This is a great opportunity to join an organisation which takes pride in its visual communication. You will be working alongside an experienced graphic designer, liaising with colleagues to craft content for EUFIC’s campaigns as well as offering support and input on graphic design for EU projects. EUFIC is a high-paced environment and is comprised of a very motivated team and we strive to put.
As part of the communications team, (depending on your specific skills), your tasks will include:
- Developing EUFIC’s visuals, for social media, web and print
- Creating visual identities for EU/EUFIC projects
- Preparing artwork for print
- Supporting colleagues in graphic design requests
- Participating in brainstorm sessions
- Adapting illustrations and animating them
- Multicultural workplace in the heart of Brussels.
- May involve European travel for meetings and conferences.
- Salary range 25,000 – 28,000€ (annual gross, depending on experience) plus benefits (e.g. health insurance cover, phone contract, annual bonus, etc.)
Email your CV, with either a PDF portfolio, or a link to an online one, and a succinct letter of motivation in English, to email@example.com before 14 December 2018, stating “Graphic Designer” in the subject line.
Candidates need to be in the possession of a work permit for Belgium if applicable. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Interviews will take place in Brussels or via Skype in the first instance.
For more information on the European Food Information Council, please visit our website www.eufic.org