EUFIC Job: Media & Communication Intern
EUFIC, the European Food Information Council, is a non-profit organisation that provides science-based information on food and health. The information we offer is accessible, appealing, and actionable, produced to inspire and empower the general public and health professionals alike. EUFIC receives funding from individual food and drink producers, the European Commission, and foundations.
We are looking for a long term (up to 6 months) media/journalist student placement candidate. This is a great opportunity for a student to join an organisation in the process of setting up and shaping its media strategy. You will be a part of mapping and researching suitable media outlets and their style and shape a strategy on how to approach these outlets. You will be part of training the organisation spokespeople and shaping the style and tone to be used. You will write press releases, feature articles and press briefings on a broad range of topics in the field of food, health and food safety. EUFIC is a high pace environment so you will be exposed to a high level of responsibility in a very motivated team, a perfect environment for learning.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Specific activities will include, but will not be limited to:
- Conducting online research mapping media outlets
- Researching and writing press releases, articles and press briefings
- Assisting with social media
- Assisting in communications with individuals, media, academia, etc.
- Assisting in setting up the media database
Additional responsibilities may include:
- Collaborating with different departments in preparing specific projects
- Specific administrative tasks as they arise
- Assisting in event planning and organisations
- Assisting in preparing internal documents (eg meeting minutes and other materials)
We are looking for a MSc student to do their last-year student placement. The last-year BSc students can also apply, but a priority will be given to extraordinarily convincing candidates. Interns must be able to commit to at least 3 months, and preferably longer.
We are looking for an intern who is:
- committed, enthusiastic, and passionate about EUFIC’s mission
- able to collaborate with a multicultural team, across multiple projects
- able to work independently, with a positive and flexible attitude
- creative and motivated to propose new ideas, and to question the status quo with confidence
- versatile and confident when communicating on all levels
- fluent in English, with strong written and oral communication skills; additional languages are plus
Trainees typically enjoy the following:
- living allowance of 450 €/month
- multicultural workplace in the heart of Brussels.
- a chance to learn from dedicated science and communication professionals
- possible European travel for meetings and conferences
- Your application, in English, should contain your CV and a letter of motivation. Please keep them succinct.
- Email your application to email@example.com by 14 December 2018 stating “Media & Communication Internship 2019” in the subject.
- You may be invited for a couple of interviews via Skype, followed by a written assignment.
- Only candidates selected for interviews will be notified