Food & Health Science, Senior Manager (8-month maternity cover)
Starting date: May 2019
Deadline for applications: 15 April 2019
EUFIC - the European Food Information Council is a non-profit organisation that provides science-based information on food and health.
We are passionate science and communication experts who believe in the power of informed consumers and in a world where people live healthily because they know how to. To help building it, we offer accessible, appealing and actionable science-based information to inspire and empower people to improve their diet and lifestyle.
We collaborate with a broad network of academics, national and international organisations, businesses and professionals in the food and health sector. We carry out consumer research to understand people’s perceptions, views and preferences. We are a lively, multi-disciplinary, and multi-cultural team of about 30 colleagues, based in the heart of Brussels.
Our funding comes from the European Commission, foundations, and from our members that range from individual food and drink companies to academic institutions and NGOs.
EUFIC’s involvement in the EU-funded projects is a vital part of our activities. The Food & Health Science Senior Manager will support the planning, logistics, technical and liaising tasks, especially for, but not limited to the EU-funded projects. This position reports to the Head of Food and Health Science and Senior Management of EUFIC.
The Food & Health Science Senior Manager must have experience in science communication and project management.
- Oversee project management of communication and dissemination tasks within EU-funded projects, including but not limited to:
- developing and implementing project-specific communication and dissemination strategies
- researching, developing, commissioning and editing of written content (e.g. articles, press releases, social media posts, & content for newsletters/websites)
- working with the EUFIC Communications team to develop visual content (e.g. flyers, leaflets, infographics, videos etc)
- organisation of a project final conference
- budget management
- drafting and reviewing project deliverables
- representing EUFIC at project meetings and conferences
- Desk research on scientific events, stakeholders, and scientific topics related to nutrition and health, food safety, and food technology
- Assisting in organising meetings & presentations
- Supervising junior managers and interns
Educational requirements, experience and skills
The successful applicant should have/be:
- A communications background, with an MSc degree in science communication, project management, life sciences, nutrition, food safety, food technology or related subjects
- Excellent communication skills, with proven experience in translating scientific subjects into easily-understood language
- A minimum of 5 years work experience, including experience working in EU-funded projects (H2020, FP7)
- Fluent in English (written and spoken), and ideally another European language
- Excellent time management skills and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player
- Enthusiastic to work in a dynamic, highly motivated team
- Full-time position (38h/week)
- Based in central Brussels
- Start date: May 2019
- Eight months contract
- Will involve European travel for project meetings and conferences
Email your application including full CV and letter of motivation to email@example.com by 15 April 2019, stating “Food & Health Science, Senior Manager” in the subject line.
Applicants should be eligible to work in the EU.
Only successful candidates will be notified on the outcome of the first selection. Interviews will take place in Brussels or via Skype in the first instance.