Who we are
EUFIC - The European Food Information Council, is a non-profit organisation, established in 1995.
As a group of passionate science and communication experts, we believe in a world where people live a healthier life because they know how to.
Our mission is to provide engaging science-based information to inspire and empower healthier and more sustainable food and lifestyle choices.
EUFIC in a nutshell:
- We cover a wide range of topics on nutrition, lifestyle and health, food safety, food quality, legislation, and food risk communication.
- We carry out consumer research to find out people’s perceptions, views and preferences.
- Our information is based on research evidence supported by the wider scientific community.
- Our materials are understandable and accessible to the general public and used by health professionals and educators.
- We collaborate with a broad network of academics, national and international organisations, businesses and professionals in food and health.
- We work with Scientific Advisory and Editorial Boards, as well as independent experts on specific projects, who advise on the scientific direction and ensure the accuracy and impartiality of our work.
- Our funding comes from individual food and drink companies, the European Commission, foundations, umbrella organisations and from sales of publications.
- Our website has the Health On the Net certification, a code of conduct which certifies that content on this page offers a multi-stakeholder consensus on standards to protect citizens from misleading health information.