Developing innovative food ingredients and products to target the human gut microbiome (MyNewGut)
Last Updated : 10 December 2016
The MyNewGut project (http://www.mynewgut.eu) will make the findings from basic human microbiome science useful for promoting healthier lifestyles to the public. This is a five-year project that started in December 2013. Listen to a podcast with Dr Joan Vermeiren to find out more about Cargill's role in the project, which involves developing innovative food ingredients and products to target the human gut microbiome.
- Can you introduce your work and how it fits into the MyNewGut project as a whole?
- What is already known about how ingredients interact with the human gut microbiome?
- Why did you choose these ingredients/compounds, why are they interesting to research?
- What kind of microbiome / health change are you expecting?
- How will you know these novel ingredients are safe?
- How will these products be different than the ones already existing on the market?
Listen to a podcast with Professor Yolanda Sanz of the Spanish National Research Council. She introduces the MyNewGut project and her role as co-ordinator.