The European Food Information Council (EUFIC) maintains this website to enhance public access to information about food safety & quality and health & nutrition.
This information is:
- Of a general nature only and is not intended to address the specific circumstances of any particular individual or entity;
- Not necessarily comprehensive or complete;
- Sometimes linked to external sites. However, this does not imply that EUFIC endorses these sites or that it assumes responsibility for these sites;
- Not professional or legal advice (if you need specific advice, you should always consult a suitably qualified professional).
Our goal and duty is to keep this information timely and accurate. If errors are brought to our attention, we will try to correct them. It is also our goal to minimise disruption caused by technical errors, however we cannot guarantee that our service will not be interrupted or otherwise affected by such problems. EUFIC accepts no responsibility with regard to such problems incurred as a result of using this site or any linked external sites.
EUFIC’s website provides links to a number of sites, from top level international and national institutions and organisations. However, EUFIC does not necessarily endorse those sites listed, nor assume any legal liability or responsibility for the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of any information within those sites. EUFIC does not endorse any products or services on other websites linked to or from our site. It is our intention to be a source of information, and we hope the information listed here is helpful to you.
EUFIC does not accept advertisements on the website.
The contents of the EUFIC website, as well as EUFIC publications and material in general, may be freely used and/or disseminated on the following conditions:
- Neither EUFIC’s name nor its material may be used for profitable or commercial purposes*;
- The contents of material used/disseminated may not be modified;
- EUFIC must be attributed, as follows:
- Text attribution: “The European Food Information Council (EUFIC)”
- Image attribution: “www.eufic.org”
- If a EUFIC publication has been produced in collaboration with another organisation, the name of that organisation should be added to the attribution.
* “The EUFIC trade name as well as all domain names containing the EUFIC trade name are the sole and exclusive property of the European Food Information Council with all rights reserved unless otherwise noted. The use of such trade name and/or domain name for commercial purposes, including for labelling purposes, without the written permission of the European Food Information Council is strictly forbidden. You are also advised that the European Food Information Council will enforce its commercial and intellectual property rights to the fullest extent of the law.”
This disclaimer is neither intended to limit the liability of EUFIC in contravention of any requirements laid down in applicable national law, nor to exclude its liability for matters which may not be excluded under that law.