EUFIC 2017 Annual Conference - Trust in science in the post-fact era
29 August 2017
Limited space to this event, book now to reserve your seat!
When: 3 October 2017, 9:30-17:30
Where: Sofitel Hotel, Brussels
It’s been said that we have arrived at the 'post-fact' era. In this era, people are no longer convinced by lengthy arguments because the foundation of arguments is no longer based in facts but in emotion.
This conference will look at how social media can influence public perception, how the post-fact era has influenced science journalism and science, and how different stakeholders could play a part in creating a new ‘fact era’.
On the agenda:
- Informative talks from engaging speakers
- Debate with knowledgeable presenters bringing different perspectives to the conference
- Networking galore
- Fiona Lethbridge, Senior Press Officer, Science Media Centre
- Alexander Gerber, Professor of Science Communication, University of Rhine-Waal
- Bart Penders, Ass. Professor of Collaboration, Credibility and Integrity in Science, University of Maastricht
- Anthony Warner, The Angry Chef, former scientist and chef
- Bülent Çaplı, Professor of Communication, Bilkent University, Turkey