Developing innovative food ingredients and products to target the human gut microbiome (MyNewGut)
10 December 2016
View Article Podcasts
The MyNewGut project (www.mynewgut.eu) will make the findings from basic human microbiome science useful for promoting healthier lifestyles to the public. This is a five-year project that started in December 2013. Listen to a podcast with Dr Joan Vermeiren to find out more about Cargill's role in the project, which involves developing innovative food ingredients and products to target the human gut microbiome.
- Can you introduce your work and how it fits into the MyNewGut project as a whole?
- What is already known about how ingredients interact with the human gut microbiome?
- Why did you choose these ingredients/compounds, why are they interesting to research?
- What kind of microbiome / health change are you expecting?
- How will you know these novel ingredients are safe?
- How will these products be different than the ones already existing on the market?
Listen to a podcast with Professor Yolanda Sanz of the Spanish National Research Council. She introduces the MyNewGut project and her role as co-ordinator.