Take the Micronutrient Quiz!Last Updated : 11/01/2021
1. Vitamins and minerals are called micronutrients because…
2. True or False: Vitamins and minerals can interact with each other to benefit or impair the absorption and function of one another in the body .
4. ‘Anti-nutrients’ is a term for compounds that can block or limit the absorption of certain nutrients. Which ‘anti-nutrient’ can affect the absorption of zinc, a trace mineral?
6.What are good food sources of vitamin D?
8. What micronutrients should vegans look out for, so they get enough in their diet?
9. Iodine is a mineral. Where is most of the world’s iodine found?
11. Which of the following nuts are some of the richest source of the mineral selenium?
13.Which of the following is a good source of preformed vitamin A, also known as retinol ?
14. Folate and vitamin B12 work together to do what in the body?
15. Why are whole grains a rich source of micronutrients ?