EUFIC Internship Programme
Are you passionate about food, science and communication? Then this may be the thing for you!
We are looking for MSc students willing to:
- take on the challenge of translating complex scientific findings into information that people can make sense and use of;
- deepen their knowledge, and gain hands-on experience in science communication.
With our internship programme you will get a taste of professional life and a head-start in your career even before you have left the university. You’ll be teamed up with a manager who will ensure that you have the tools, resources and support to achieve your professional and personal goals. Working at EUFIC also means you will be working in a vibrant multi-cultural environment in the heart of Brussels.
The selection process
Every September and March, we offer 6-12 months placements to MSc students enrolled in programmes related to: nutrition & health, food safety, food technology, sustainability, (food/nutrition) science communication and programmes related to sports science.
The application process opens way in advance, so please submit your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com within deadlines specified below (download the pdf). For a start in:
- September: between 16th- 30th of April
- March: between 16th- 31st of October (previous year)
Only successful candidates will be notified of the outcome of the selection process and invited for a Skype interview. Those who pass the interview will then be invited to complete a written assignment. Candidates who successfully complete all steps of the recruitment process will be invited to work with us.
Please click here to download the latest internship program description and requirements.
- I can only do the internship for 4 months, can I still apply?
Unfortunately, not. Only students who can commit to a minimum of 6 months will be considered.
To start in March, please submit your CV and motivation letter between 16th - 31st of October (previous year).
To start in September, please submit your CV and motivation letter between 16th -30th of April.
- What if I cannot start in March or September?
Please apply! The recruitment dates are fixed, but the starting date may be flexible.
- Living allowance - is there any?
You’ll enjoy 450 Euro/month living allowance (non-negotiable).
- I am in the last year of my Bachelor’s degree. Can I apply?
The programme is for MSc students. Still, exceptional, highly motivated BSc students coming with strong recommendations from their Universities may try their luck.
- How long will it take before the invitations for Skype interviews are sent
All CVs and motivation letters submitted in the submission period will be assessed during a period of one week.
Successful candidates for the March submissions will be contacted in the second week of November.
Successful candidates for the September submissions will be contacted in the second week of May.
- What type of written assignment will I need to do?
If the interview was successful, more details will be communicated about the written assignment.
- Can I prepare for the written assignment in advance?
You do not need to prepare anything in advance.