Have you ever wondered about the processes that brought your favourite foods to the dinner table? For example, what transforms olives into olive oil? How do sugar-beets become sugar?
Globally, 80% of sugar is produced from sugar cane. Sugar cane is not grown in the EU. Main sugar cane producers include Brazil, India, China, Mexico, Australia...
The EU is the world’s leading producer of beet sugar. Globally, 20% of sugar is produced from sugar beet; the other 80% is produced from sugar cane.
Stevia rebaudiana Bertoni, native to South America, is now grown on four continents. Leaves are harvested and dried once they reach peak sweetness. The dried leaves are...
How is glucose fructose syrup made? This infographic shows the production of glucose-fructose syrup from farm to spoon!
Raw milk poses an unnecessary risk to our health. Take a look at the processing steps milks goes through to guarantee its safety and be transformed to yoghurt.
Freezing is a traditional method that slows the loss of nutritive qualities and prevents food spoilage. Discover the steps taken to freeze fresh vegetables such as peas.
Canning is a common food processing method used to preserve foods. Learn the journey canned tomatoes go through to end up in our cupboard.
In a consumer study carried out by EUFIC, we investigated the understanding of processed foods among participants from the UK. This Q&A summarises the topics explored in the study.